This time last year, we were ramping up for the International Workboat Show in New Orleans. The annual tradeshow attracts members of the marine industry, who come together from around the world to network, learn, spot new industry trends, and uncover innovative products and solutions.
This year with the impact of COVID-19, exhibitors and attendees alike will miss out on this annual maritime industry tradition. While the cancelation of the Workboat Show is with everyone’s safety and best interest at heart, we will certainly miss attending this year!
Since we won’t be able to network with you in person, we’d like to fill you in on how we’ve been keeping busy. Here are some types of projects we have worked on:
- Marine & Offshore Projects – Headquartered in the center of Gulf Coast activity, SIT has a long history and deep-rooted relationship with the shipbuilding industry.
- Subsea Projects – Our Subsea experts are knowledgeable in hydraulic power units for ROV thruster and tool testing. We specialize in custom, fully integrated packages which we put together and manufacture.
- Jacking System Projects – Our unique jacking system is designed to allow the latest electric hydraulic and automation technology to help accurately control leg position.
- Civil Projects – With an extensive history of success as Huber, SIT is considered a primary provider of moveable bridges to the state of Louisiana.
- Defense Projects – We stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others and we understand the rigorous requirements to supply to military operations.
- Industrial Projects – Our focus on custom systems to meet customer requirements has led SIT into several industrial applications.
The show must go on – and it will! In December of 2021.
We are hopeful that the International Workboat Show will take place as planned from December 1-3, 2021. When and if it does, be sure to stop by our booth to learn more about SIT’s capabilities in designing and building liftboat jacking systems, valve actuation, marine tank management, steering packages and hydraulic power units.
For the time being, we are readily available to assist with your projects, whether it be in person while practicing safe social distancing, or remotely. From everyone at SIT, stay safe and we hope to see you soon!